Ok, so this Friday our family, along with my brothers and sisters and spouses and nieces and nephews, etc. are going camping.
Now, I have to stop and say right here that I am not a camping kind of girl. I'd much rather stay in a hotel room with a soft, king size bed than freeze to death in a tent, on the ground. HOWSOMEVER, I have these little people in my life whom I absolutely adore, and they happen to think freezing to death, on the ground, in a tent, is a wonderfully fun and thrilling idea. I think they're nuts but I love them anyway and I love spending time with them, and so, for the sake of a family memory this girl is loading up all the cag a family of seven will need for an overnight stay at Cooper Lake and doggoneit, I'm gonna enjoy it!
SOOOO, in preparation for our upcoming adventure (uh-hum), we purchaesd a new, massive, 10 person, tent to house all our ragamuffins in and decided to set it up in our backyard last Thursday night. Well, once it was set up the kids begged to sleep out there. You should have seen their poor, pathetic, hopeful faces, so what could we do? We said "sure".
They were so excited. We got them all settled and I ran in to get a few things. I stepped in my room and my bed started begging me to stay here instead of trudging back out there to that cold tent with the hard ground for a bed. But I resisted. I turned on my heel, held my head high, and marched right out there to the tent.
I laid there for hours (I am NOT kidding) not being able to sleep. My mind just wouldn't shut down. Finally, around 2:30am I fell into sleep until 30 minutes later I woke up freezing. Sage was crying. I was tired and cold and miserable. Nathan woke up and told me I could go inside if I wanted, but I refused, stating that I was staying until 5:30am if it killed me (it nearly did). He fumbled around trying to get a space heater to work but I was too groggy to really know if he ever did or not. The next thing I remember was hearing him say it was 5:45, that i had "made it", and that I could go in the house now if I wanted. I scooped up Sage, wrapped her in her blanket, and ran for the house. Once inside, I barged into my mom's room, practically threw (not really) Sage in bed with her, and climbed in next to her. I was so very cold!
So. all of that to say, ya, it's gonna be a great weekend! HA!



2 comments:
yay for you and making it through the night! :-) I think it's not going to be as cold as last weekend. We did the whole 'sleep in the tent in the backyard' on Friday!
haha. Love it! We are going camping in a few weekends. I think it will be quite cold at night. We have a two person tent that we used before we had John. I think he is small enough to squeeze inbetween us, but maybe we should try it out in our back yard sometime before the trip.
Post a Comment