Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wilder Withdrawal

Yesterday I got in the van just after 3pm. I turned on the radio to hear my favorite show and something didn't seem right. I listened to the talk show host go on and on and then finally cut to a commercial break. It was odd. She didn't mention that this was the Scott Wilder Show. Inside I felt like something wasn't right. When I got home I got online and did some searching and this is what I found. Until now, I have not been able to sit down and write about it as it was such a shock to me and is a bitter pill to swallow.

For nine years my favorite radio program on the air has been, "The Scott Wilder Show". Right after I married my wonderful husband I began listening to the show because he listened and I wanted to have something to talk with him about. Through the years I have been educated about what is going on in our country and around the world by listening to Scott Wilder. He was on the air for 12+ years at KWRD and before that on another station in the DFW area. I am so very saddened by this sudden event.

They said it was budgetary, but I don't believe it. It was so sudden. Last Thursday was their last day on the air. Both Scott and Lauren were fired. They didn't even get to finish their week at the station or say good-bye or nothin'! I am having "wilder withdrawal". I feel so lost as that was how I got most of my outside information. Oh man, what am I gonna do now???

Please pray for Scott Wilder and Lauren Lintner!

Bring Back Scott!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Today my dad had the same feeling that something wasn't right, so he checked it out and found the same article. We were shocked! How sad...I really did like Scott and Lauren. :(

Bring Back Scott!!

Evann said...

That sounds completely suspicious to me. All of a sudden?? You know what I think? They're starting to shut down talk shows that discuss controversial issues. This just doesn't seem right. I wonder if there is a petition or something we can sign to get them back. Or at least a real investigation to figure out what happened!