As long as I have been a Christian, I have struggled with having a consistant time in God's Word. Last year our family started attending
Rockwall Bible Church and I have benefitted greatly from our time there. One thing that I became aware of at the end of the year was a little daily Bible reading program that was available for any who would like to pursue that. I thought I would give it a try. Couldn't hurt, right? Well, by God's grace I am so happy to say I have not missed one day this whole year, so far. God has helped me to remember to read and I have been so blessed by my time in His word. Even when reading through the minor prophets or geneologies, when it seems there's nothing really there for me, I still feel blessed for having been faithful to spend time reading.
I read at night because I'm NOT a morning person and my kids usually wake up before I could discipline myself to be up and finished with my reading. Though morning may be better, reading at night has worked well for me and I am so encouraged. I look forward to finishing the year and my singular trek through the Bible and then starting again January 1st to see what new things God will show me this next time through.
I'm so grateful God has brought my family to RBC! The emphasis on living holy lives and pleasing our Lord and Saviour has been so challenging and inspiring.
3 comments:
Awesome Ann! You are an inspiration to me! :) Love you.
That is too funny that I got on your blog the same day as my sister! Just wanted to say hey and that I miss you. Hope you are doing well!! Your comments about your Bible reading were an encouragement!! Love you!!
It's a sister thing, Ellisha. No matter how far apart you are geographically, you still think alike....lol!
I miss you, too! Sorry about your recent ordeal with the law (wink). Hope you can get it resolved soon.
Post a Comment