Saturday, October 24, 2009

SHE'S HERE!!!


Baby "wiSe"

Hi Friends!

Sage Ellisha Clary was born yesterday, October 23rd at 7:29a.m. She weighed in at 9lbs. 3oz. (oops, I've been corrected-- She was 9lbs. 4oz.) and was 21 in long.

She was delivered at home with my awesome midwife, Joyce and her faithful assistant Robin, as well as Rachel the intern.

Her first and middle name together mean "Wise Woman of God" We pray she will grow to live up to her name we have chosen for her.
 
She was my biggest baby so far. I knew when they handed her to me she was BIG. I wasn't sure how big, but I knew she had to be bigger than hAppy net was. It was a tough delivery, laboring throughout the night, but the Lord was so good to me. I was able to labor and birth while the kids lay sleeping peacefully in their beds upstairs. She was born 15 minutes before the first kid woke up. Also, she was in a good position, so that, even though she had a massive body to deliver, she came out without any tearing or complications. My labor did stall, like it usually does, at one point, but my awesome midwives were patient and we waited it out until she was ready. The other kids love her so much already, and hAppy net is getting used to now being a big brother insttead of the baby. Her code name for the blog will be "wiSe"
 
My wonderful mom and sister L, were here throughout the day and were such a blessing to me as they helped me by caring for the other kids and taking care of countless tasks. And of course my handsome, fantastic husband was by my side at the drop of a hat caring for me all throughout the day.
 
Thank you to everyone who prayed for my labor and delivery. The Lord is faithful!

6 comments:

Gallagators said...

O I am so happy for you!!! She is so beautiful! Much love and lots of congrats!!!

Gallagators said...

btw-just heard your message! We were gone this afternoon and just got home a bit ago...and now I am about to leave to go grocery shopping, so I'm going to try you tomorrow! So sorry! ((HUGS!))

Kathryn said...

You weren't kidding when you emailed any day now ! Congratulations!!
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

congrats on my newest daughter and your RBC membership!!!! Is october your new favorite month now or what?
Love,
coffee crazed

Tamra Lewis said...

Congratulations!! Sounds absolutely perfect!!! Love hearing about the delivery and the kids being right there in the house! Love it!
You are a blessed woman!

Thanks for my birthday phone call. You are so sweet to remember!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! Wish I could be there now to see your precious little one, but I am coming on December 28th!!! Hope the adjusting is going well. I keep telling people about my friend who named the middle name of her baby after me!! :o)