Monday, January 11, 2010

Tell Me If You Think I’m Crazy

This last weekend I bought 16 cloth diapers. I have always rejected the idea of using cloth because that’s what they did in the old days. BTW, THIS is what they look like (They aren't like the old kind my mama used to use). Plus, in times past I lived in apartments that didn’t have a washer/dryer in them. Soooo…I don’t know what finally pushed me over the edge and made me want to take the leap and go buy some, but after spending a little over $100 on these things I feel committed…and scared. I mean, what if I don’t really like using them? What if they are a real pain…and stinky? What if my baby doesn't like them? Have I lost my mind? Should I have just stuck to paying out every month for disposables? I still plan to use disposables when I go out and all, but I just thought after 5 babies it was at least worth a try. If I hate it then I'll at least know either way, right?


What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, i think you're crazy, but that's ok. i love you anyway. :o)

jk--i guess it is worth a try! :o)

Swindells said...

Hey! It's Fallon (Frances' little sister) and I totally DO NOT think you are crazy!!!!

My husband and I are expecting a little one in 4 months and we are diving in face first to cloth diapers! I have serveral friends who use and LOVE them.

It will save you so much money. I did two "diaper reports" on my blog to help explain things to my family as well as compare the cost.

http://swindellupdate.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-diaper-report.html

and

http://swindellupdate.blogspot.com/2009/01/diaper-report-sequell.html

I looked at the diapers you posted and they look good and if you got them for that price you did great for a pocket diaper! I would like to encourage you to explore the CottonBabies.com website. They give diaper grants to missionaries and they make Bumgenius (the pocket diaper), Flip (cover and insert), & Econonbum (cover with prefold). Econobum is the least expensive way we have found. You can get 36 diapers and 12 covers for $150. I dont know any baby that uses that many diapers in two days.

Good luck!

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

I'm not going to tell you if I think you are crazy... ;-) But I will say that I know you are an awesome mommy so what else matters, right? So how is it coming along? Seems like to me you would be washing diapers every day with 16 diapers...?

Raechel Proffitt said...

obviously i have no previous experience, but i think it sounds like a smart thing to do. i mean i am sure it will be a pain a lot of times, but seems like a great money saver. It seems like a very good Proverbs 31 womanish thing to do!! :) Let me know how it works out for you so I can know for future reference! LOL don't you love my selfish motives? Love you Ann! You're such a good mom. :)