So I am a goober ya know. I bought all these cloth diapers thinking-- well, I don't know what I was thinking!!! I guess I was thinking I was gonna be a Proverbs 31ish woman (Hi Raech!) and save my family money and, and, and… Well, then I got them and I totally freaked out. LOL! I've NEVER used a cloth diaper before! What do I know about how to clean them and care for them? And besides, when you've always used disposables, well, it's just a hard transfer of thought, at least for this mama.
So before I even tried them I quit. I gave up, laughed at myself, and thought I’d just pass them along to my missionary sister in Mexico who probably needs them more than myself, living down there, and all. Then I felt like a moron. Here I had spent all this money, wrote a cloth diaper blog post, and I was not even gonna use them. For days I just sat around shaking my head at myself. “What a Dork!” I thought to myself.
Well, finally my husband encouraged me to throw them in the washer, run ‘em through once, and try them out—“At least try them,” he said.
So I did. And OH, are they ever so cute! Now, they don’t absorb as well as disposables, so I have to change them more often, but they come in all these cute colors: pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, blue/green, and white. So while I still use the disposables when I go out, and overnight (because they absorb better), I’m kinda likin’ this cloth thing.
The only problem now is that I don't want to put pants on her because they cover up those cute little diapers, but it's still too cold to let her go without anything on her legs just yet.

4 comments:
You are so funny. :)
I remember when I was gonna be a cloth diaper mama. I used them, and when there was all that poop in them, I would throw them out because I couldn't stomach the cleaning part.
I wound up with 1 left that I used for a dust cloth. :) After that, it was pampers all the way!
LOL
If I were to try it again today, it would probably be different.
Aww I am so proud of you! good job for giving it a try. :) You crack me up.
you need some baby legs aka baby leg warmers! I used to have tons of them on my etsy but now I have taken them all for my own personal use! I LOVE LOVE cloth diapers. I only wish I had a baby to use them again! husband says NO WAY!
I've used cloth diapers on my two boys and loved them. Use Charlie's Soap (they sell it on their website) to clean them and you'll get much better absorption... you'll probably want to switch to using that soap on everything! I did! :) Happy cloth diapering!
Post a Comment