Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FIRE (by night) !

Last night I was sitting here at my computer checking email and such, when I heard a loud pop from out back and off in the short distance. I got up to see if Nathan or my mom had heard anything but they said nothing. I didn’t want to get all alarmed so I said nothing. Until a few minutes later my mom asked, “Do you now why a police car with his lights on just went down our street?” I knew something was up!

We ran out our front door and the sky was lit up with a sickening orange glow. Smoke was everywhere. We went to the back of our house and from the patio we could see that the whole back of the house, two houses down from us, was ablaze.


(Note: For security reasons, this is not an actual photo of the fire that occurred last night, but instead just a representation of how it looked.)


It seemed so close. Mom and I ran inside and up the stairs. We got the kids up and out of bed and put them downstairs in her bed, but then they were confused and started to panic. We were starting to think we needed to load them up in the van and get them out of there. Just at that point the fire department showed up. The kids were alert and curious so we took them out to the van and let them watch the commotion from there.

Soon fire trucks started coming from everywhere. We had four different fire departments helping to put out the fire and at least 13 trucks (not to mention SUV's and pick-up trucks) on our rural street. We are still not sure what caused the fire or how it got started, but pray for David and Bonnie, the owners of the home. I don’t know them. I’ve only met Bonnie once, briefly. I don’t know what their needs are yet, but everything in the home is ruined.

4 comments:

Christie M said...

Oh wow! Please let us know what needs they will have and what we can do to help. :)

Riceinmay said...

Wow- poor things! Will be praying for them. BTW- LOL at your title.....fire by night :-P

Evann said...

Oh, how tragic! Let us know what they need and we'll try to somehow help! We'll be praying.

The Whitt Family

Megan said...

Oh my! That poor family...I'll be praying!